Last updated on 07 September 2018
Respecting your privacy
The information we collect
Generally, you may browse the website without providing any personally identifiable information. However, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information at various times and places on this website. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you may not be able to access all parts of this website or participate in all of its features.
We receive and store any personally identifiable information you enter on the website, whenever you shop with www.viverleather.com or information you give us in any other way, such as by subscribing to our newsletters, email, or telephone communication. For example, we may collect the following personally identifiable information: your name, address, telephone number, email address, billing information and order information. We do not store your credit card information.
If you use one of our services, or participate in one of our surveys, promotions, or sweepstakes, we may ask for additional information, such as your age, interests, or product preferences.
From your purchases and other interactions with us, we obtain information concerning the specific products or services you purchase or use.
When you visit this website, our web server automatically collects anonymous information such as log data and IP addresses, and may collect general information concerning your location. We may use the automatically collected information for a number of purposes, such as improving our site design, product assortments, customer service, and special promotions.
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorised access. Our website uses encryption technology, like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- - To complete your purchase transactions
- - To provide the products and services you request
- - To send you our newsletters and other offerings by email. If you do not wish to receive mailings from us, you can opt out of our mailing list at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using unsubscribe facility in our emails.
- - To identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you
- - To answer queries and resolve complaints
- - To improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience.
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose your information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required and authorised by or under law, and for which you have consented.
Others with whom we may share your information
All of the above information that we collect, as described above, may be shared with:
- - Service Providers: We may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing emails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us storage and analysis; (d) provide fraud prevention; and (e) provide other services designed to assist us in maximising our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in our agreements with them.
- - Other Companies: We may provide information to carefully selected outside companies when we believe their products or services may be of interest to you.
- - Compliance with Law: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our website, to limit our legal liability, and to protect our rights or to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
- - www.viverleather.com partners with advertising companies to place our advertising on publisher websites on the Internet. These advertising companies collect anonymous information about your visits to our web site. This technology involves the use of third party cookies which allow them to develop personalised advertising so that it directly relates to offers that may be of interest to you. You may choose to opt-out of this service we have with our third-party advertising partner. We may also use www.viverleather.com cookies to provide similar enhanced online marketing to you based on your interests and preferences. You may also choose to opt out of these enhanced online marketing ads.
Access to and correction of the information collected by us
Upon your request, we will provide you with access to personal information we hold about you, except in limited circumstances in which it is permitted by law for us to withhold this information. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you. We will generally be able to respond to your request within 30 days.
If you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us and we will modify your record. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the privacy is properly maintained.
If you wish your personal information deleted, please contact us and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
All information we gather about you is hold electronically. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant (in the case of use and disclosure). We will also take reasonable steps to protect the information we hold about you from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We may use cookie technology to provide information and services to visitors of www.viverleather.com. A "cookie" is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer or mobile device [hard drive]. It allows us to recognise your computer (but not specifically who is using it) upon entering our site by associating the identification numbers in the cookie with other customer information you have provided us. That customer information is stored on our secured database.
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register on the www.viverleather.com website. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information.
If you are using a public computer, we strongly encourage you to LOG OUT at the conclusion of your session. Your information will still be stored with us but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
You are responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You also accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. We reserve the right to refuse service and terminate access to the account at any time in our absolute discretion.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive email from www.viverleather.com you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +61 (0)431 544 954.